Thursday, August 21, 2008

Olympic fever

I admit, I have a severe case of Olympic fever. I have been watching the game everyday, without fail. My favorite sports to watch are gymnastics and swimming.

The one sport I would most likely to compete in would be trampoline. Doesn't that look like fun? Besides the hardcore training, I would also need a heavy dose of sportsmanship. Why? Because I don't have any.

I am not like Michael Phelps who would give up his leg on the relay to help out a teammate. Or like those poor gymnasts and runners who screw up midway, but grit their teeth and complete the competition. If I were them, I would walk off the stage once I made a major screw up. Not to mention that I would have to endure funkiness with the scoring. I thought we would never repeat the episode in '96 with Kerry Strugg due to technological advances, then they brought in the judges who should know better. Sigh. Well, they have another four years to perfect scoring, and I sincerely hope they do.

If they invent a new sport like scaling hills, me thinks that I have a good chance. After all, I do enjoy hiking up hills... after all, I am part goat you see.

No comments: