Tuesday, July 15, 2008

My favorite things: part II

Thanks to the grocery shopping on Friday, our pad is filled to the brim with food galore. I especially adore the fruits, as you all know. And the figs, my. They were a beaut.

With all the wonderful ingredients, I couldn't help myself but started playing in the kitchen. First came the smoothies. We started easy, with just banana, then, I got excited and threw in strawberries, oranges, chocolate, and even coconut soy. Not all in one smoothie, silly.

Then, came the strawberry shortcakes, the healthy edition. No margarine or butter, but soy milk. And it was quite good, in fact. For dinner, I made BBQ turkey mushroom and onion herb pizza. Not from scratch, mind you. I cheated with TJ's herb dough. But the rest was hand made, I assure you. I was marveling over my own talent while downing the smoothie and munching on the pizza.


Yesterday, I made basil tofu, taro and chicken wonton soup. Not exactly soup, as the taro soaked up all the liquid. But the starchy vege was at its best, so I didn't mind. I might have pushed my winning streak a bit far, as the strawberry pancake that followed didn't turn out very well. O well, I'll still eat it.

No comments: