Monday, June 2, 2008

Cavalier

Looking back, I admit, I was quite wasteful with friendships back in the days. I was especially wanton (I know!) with my high school friends, because, as you see, that was not my favorite period of time.

Due to my careless behavior, I now have numero uno friend from my high school days, and that was regained just last year. She was gracious enough to invite me to her wedding. The whole time I was at her special event, I kept remembering all the good times... and kicking myself for being so reckless.

As you know, it takes two to build a relationship. And we gotta both make an effort. I am quite sad that one of my good friends from back in the days is willing to make an effort... but that's just the way it is.

One thing about getting older is that you appreciate people around you more... especially the people that are with you during the bad times. After all, meeting people is kismet, where the relationship ends up is all up to you guys. So, hold your darlings just a little bit closer... and reach out to those lost ones... who knows? maybe they will look back.

No comments: