Friday, June 20, 2008

Behind the velvet ropes

Last night, Mya and Foxy went to a Sassy City Chicks event, where we were exposed to designer digs at a discount. Since we bought the VIP package, we got a nifty gift bag, jam packed with cosmetics, gift certificates and even some sweet little nothings.

This is our first time to such an exclusive event. I almost felt like we were on SATC set, standing amongst our female kinds in a modest line snaking out of the alley. Its good that the line was not too long, that would have put a damper on the event.

Once you entered the event, which was held at 111 Minna, it was organized chaos at best. It was akin to being like a swap meet, but with fashion duds. Man, I almost got nauseous from the relentless crowd, not to mention some lady's pungent perfume. There's a reason its called e u toilette in french.

Mya and I tried to stay together, but it was too hard. She drifted toward, yes, you guessed it, the shoes, while I had my eyes glued to, yes, the jewels. Coming from a person who was determined to appreciate with my eyes only, you can tell I was quite tempted. I ended up wistfully at a jewelry counter, with the friendly designer and a newly made friend. Didn't quite catch her name, but that didn't stop us from musing together for a good 1/2 an hour or so. We were advising each other on the pickings, even her twin sisters jumped in for a good measure. I left with a significantly lighter purse, but all in good cause. Ur, yea, you see, its for my birthday, which is coming up.

Notes to self, come dressed in a leotard for the next event. I was apparently too overdressed, and couldn't be bothered to try on clothes. Hence, I reserved my eyes for easy pickings instead. Mayhaps a good thing because this minimized the extent of damage.





No comments: