Friday, June 20, 2008

Speak no evil

Got a call from a friend today, wanting to talk. It turned out that she was troubled by something I said about her yesterday. Believe it or not, I could not even recalled what I said that bothered her so. This got me to thinking, did I unknowingly declared wars with my words?


I hope not. I aim to be truthful. It sucks sometimes because you have to live with the consequences (i.e. an irked friend.) But, hey, it saves time in trying to say things in roundabout ways. Which, BTW, is the essence of my teenage years. For example, would you like to go to the prom (I asked with my heart in my hands and my happiness hanging in the balance). Ur, what a drag.

Going back to this friend in turmoil, was it really something I said?

Nai. I am sorry that something I said troubled her. We cleared up the misunderstanding. And I learned to be more mindful of my words. After all, someone is listening, always.

No comments: