Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Life of leisure











I get a lot of questions about what I am doing on my time off.

Are you sleeping in? Going places? Well, what are you doing?

A little of this, and a little of that, is what I always say. There are errands galore that needs to be done. I spent most of the first two weeks doing that. As I ease into the third week, its all about doing a little organization and decor, which all started on a whim.

There were three inspirations, flowers, Paris and studio pix... This all started with me feeling rather blah in my white wall apartment and the mismatched furniture. O yeah, and the fact I had time on my hands. The living room was the first one for the remodeling... and my, what a difference a picture makes. The place seems more grown up, and lived in.

Next on the tackle list, was the bedroom, which started innocently enough, with new bedsheets and quilt covers. All the sudden, the rest of the room didn't match the new linens, which necessitated some changes. Then, the walls seem rather naked... What to do?

The Eiffel Tower, of course! No, not really. I spotted a black and white print while shopping for a housewarming present for my cousin, and have been looking for one ever since. The print I finally ended up with came with three other prints, so I spread them out in the kitchen and study.

Although I was done with print shopping, I still had an itch for decorating... so I whipped out some of my studio shots and had a go. Even pulled out my special bag of tricks... even used ribbons and wrapping paper. Can you tell?

My favorite items got to be the Scotch/ 3M no nail posting options! and they can be removed without permanent damage to the walls. Who knew?





No comments: