Wednesday, May 21, 2008

What is love

is probably one of those age old questions.

my answer is quite simple: accepting your other half as what he/ she is, nothing less and nothing more.

easier said than done, however. in fact, i am having a breakdown right now on this exact principle.

as if we don't have enough problems, enter the parents. had another stressful conversation over the weekend during family brunch. as usual, my dad couldn't say things let alone look at me directly... so he looked away while my mom bombarded me with questions like, why isn't he here, where is the relationship going, etc.

i know deep down, that's out of genuine concern. its a little old, and a little tiresome, as the conversation repeats itself every time i go home.

sigh... this leaves me a little weary and bleary-eyed... wondering, what's love got to do with it?


No comments: