Saturday, April 12, 2008

You had me at shopping

A girlfriend once told me. As for me, its more like I am hooked on the act of browsing. I enjoy perusing the aisles aimlessly, checking out the display, and trying on items if I am tickled by them. If I don't have loot at the end of my trip, that's fine by me.

Although I do enjoy checking out clothes, I can spend hours in a bookstore, not to mention supermarkets or arts & crafts stores. As the adventurer at heart, I love discovering and trying out new items. I never follow a recipe religiously. I love Border's Paper Chase line. Mayhaps its got something to do with that fact that its a London line, and I like that quirkiness. I spotted a Harry Potter card (no the kiddish ones), and loved it to no end.

I can do a solo or a double trip in a brick and mortal store. Although I enjoy the company of others, I favor the solos more. This is when I get to put my thoughts on hold and just absorb what's around me. My latest addiction has to do with flowers and candles. Every Friday, I will buy a random bunch of flowers to accent my place. Right now, I have orchids, roses and dahlias sprinkled throughout my pad. Then, there is the gardenia candle (from Michaels) that is just heavenly. Falling to sleep with the scent is an experience that is just indescribable. Sigh. My, what good life do I have.


No comments: