Friday, September 5, 2008

Like coming home

Why is this an image of SBUX within SFWY? Well, you know me, the caffeine addict, after one week of going without caffeine, seeing SBUX is like coming home, almost.

After we offloaded from the bus, I made a beeline for SBUX and ordered a raspberry latte. The barista was dumbfounded when I said I would like it hot, as opposed to iced. FYI, we were near Sacramento. I had to explain to him that the hot latte would go down much faster/ easier than an iced one. He must have pitied me as he offered me a free espresso shot. After I quenched my caffeine thirst, off to food.

This SFWY had a chinese food counter, which my parents were really excited about. We ordered a one item special, with fried rice, chow fun and beef broccoli. It ain't great, but not bad given that this was our third chinese meal in one week. The best had to be the traditional chinese chicken soup we had at dinner two days ago. At that time, it did it for us. We wolfed it down like there was no tomorrow.

I have always liked SFWY. We were introduced to it when we first came to America. At that time, there were no super markets like that in Taiwan. I instantly fell in love with the gleaming counters, the cleanliness and the convenience. Nowadays, we only shop there when we are on vacations. Not that we don't like it, it doesn't have as great of a fruit/ vegetable selection as Ranch 99. Not to mention the price difference. It still warmed my heart with its sight though.

No comments: