Saturday, August 23, 2008

Family gathering

I confess, this is not from the family gathering today. We actually did not take any pix this time around, so this will have to do.

Today, we got together to celebrate my father's birthday in Milipitas. Surprise surprise, my parents are the last to arrive... although I have the longest commute. We had lunch in Royal Palace, which is basically a Hong Kong/ Portuguese restaurant with baked rice/ sphaghetti dishes (yum!)

Since Celia is a regular there, we all got free milk tea. I got a half coffee/ tea, which was quite good. Most dishes we ordered consisted of fish or noodles. I ordered a sizzling chix plate so I can stink up everybody's shirt. We hung out at the restaurant for a while after lunch just to catch up. Then, my parents left to visit their friends. The rest of us piled into Borders so Sharon/ Daniel can buy a gift for their friend's birthday.

After Borders, we stopped by Celia's house as she had second-hand clothing for us. Well, they are not really second hand by definition, as some of the items she never worn. Sharon scored some major Ann Taylor beaded cardigans, much to my sadness. Good thing she had to leave as she had a birthday party to catch (I know, me so evil).

Then, it was down to Celia, Nelson and me. Well, really my sister and I as Nelson passed out on the couch. Celia was nice enough to make coffee for me, and I tried on the clothes. Actually, we both tried them on as she forgot why she was giving them up in the first place. Celia ended up reconsidering some of the items, which was fine by me.

All in all, a good day. I am always happy to spend time with my family, especially Celia. We used to spend more time together, but now she is busy with her new job. O well. At least I get to see her more than once a year.

No comments: