Friday, May 30, 2008

My recent addiction

would have to be "Jon & Kate + 8".

Am I having a baby mania?

No. The combination of 8 cute kids and 2 infinitely patient parents are just killer.

Below are two comments from Mady that were quite enjoyable for me, but not for the parents I would assume.
(Mady trying to ease her guilty conscience). Mom? Is it an accident if I poke someone with a pencil?
(Mady and parents trying to pick out her first pair of earrings). Mom, I am never going to like what you pick out anyway.
The shot ended with a speechless Kate. I would be too.


The parents decided to spend one whole day with each of the kids, where the kid get to choose what to do that day. Regardless of the event, the kid in question was always more appreciative of the alone time than the gift.

This got me thinking, did my parents ever do that with me? Sort of. I always tagged along when they went out weekly to do grocery shopping. Not to mention that I only had 3 siblings vying for my parents' time as opposed to 7.

This reminded me of our trip to Taiwan 3 years ago. I was quite nervous about it. My parents and I went through some turbulent times, and I didn't want a repeat. And it didn't happen, much to my surprise. It was quite enjoyable, from what I remember.

I also realized that I am not ready to be a parent yet... One day, but not today.


No comments: