Thursday, April 10, 2008

Life's little lessons




For those of you that don't know me well, I lack a green thumb. Therefore, when I bought the $1 basil starter kit two weekends ago, I really didn't think anything of it. Actually, I take that back... I did! I was like, I doubt this will work. The soil that came in the kit didn't look too promising. It looked like dry mulch or dead moss, take your pick.

Imagine my surprise when I saw something growing in the minuscule pot two days ago! I felt hopeful looking at this little plant struggling to survive in this cold cold weather, not to mention my non-existent care. Then again, Isn't that what life is about? Making do with what you have? I can't choose to go back in time, but I can choose to not dwell on the past. So, my friend, what do you choose?

No comments: