Saturday, April 19, 2008

Corn flake people...

are not my peeps. In this day and age, how could you not know that you will not show up on time, let alone not show up at all?

I was supposed to meet up with a friend for dinner last year. And he didn't show up. No text, no calls, nothing. Then, a month later, he emailed me and explained what happened that night (hanging out with a girl that he's been seeing, etc.)

While reading this email, I pondered to myself, couldn't you have just let me know you were not coming? We both have phones, right? It ain't that hard.

For me, our lives are like lines in a plane. Its kismet that our lines cross, but it takes work to make whatever we have work. All that I have to go on is your word. If I can't believe in your word, then what can I believe in?

Then, it hit me. Its not right for me to judge you... for you never signed a contract, saying that as my friend, you will be on-time, do as what you say, etc. You are you, and I got to accept you as that, and nothing else. That's probably the hardest thing for me to learn, to accept people as they are.

I just wrote an email to this cornflake friend explaining what happened. Don't expect anything in return, actually. But its a start.

No comments: