Sunday, March 23, 2008

Come what may

A good friend once told me that that I will be thankful for my injury one day. And I am. It forces me to look at life from a new perspective, learn to be accountable, and become even closer with my boyfriend. He helps me out with everything- from dealing with workers' compensation paperwork, composing letters to the insurance company, to icing at night. He is the source of my strength and what gives me my peace of mind.

After 11 years of being together, I am more appreciative of him than ever. Not because he's helping me deal with what's going on, but the fact that he's here with me, attending to my emotional highs and lows, and pushing me forward, when I don't want to... That's something.

So, come what may. I can handle it, as long as I have Aftab. All's well.

1 comment:

Lei Han said...

nice blog, dude... I love reading it. Hope you will keep it up. ;-) many hugs and kisses