Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Life's little lessons

this article is about the woes and what nots of being injured.

Woes, realizing that:
  • egad, I am mortal
  • its not normal to have pain, let alone constant pain
  • no one knows my pain intimately like me
  • its gonna take some time for me to recover
  • and in the meantime, i have to communicate and educate others about my pain (since its not visible)
  • not to mention being vulnerable
  • and courageous - by speaking up about my injury
  • and most importantly, fight for my health and my rights

Pleasant surprises

  • Friends giving me space, and lending a hand when i ask for help
  • BF being by my side despite my kicking and screaming at times
  • Realizing that i can let all crap go, and still be me...

My doctor told me that by August, I will be all good. I am intending that I will be healthy by my birthday... one month early. That's a promise that I intend to keep.

No comments: