Sunday, September 7, 2008

There are all kinds of people in the world

I was fortunate enough to meet some of them on my seven day bus tour.

There are some that were boisterous, and didn't care for common courtesy. For instance, when you depart the bus depended on where you sat on the bus. For these folks, they overrode this rule by rushing to the front of the bus aisle at every stop. They know better, but they thought that why not try and get away with it if they can. These people also applied the same rule when jockeying for shots at scenic spots. And they were cheap. Instead of paying for fountain drinks, they would just fill their cups for free.

Then, there are the people that are just closed off. I was like, dude, we will be in each other's company for a week, why not let that go. But no, that ain't the way. These are the people that resemble clams, and would only open up when spoken to. What's silly was that they withheld critical info - like they were hard of hearing and require special accommodation. Consequently, they didn't enjoy the trip.

Not to mention some of the women, who held temporary visas. They were looking for ways to stay in America. These women stuck themselves to hopefuls, which my dad was apparently one of them. My mom was quite offended about how friendly they were. My dad was either unaware, or enjoying the rare female attention.

I was quite put off with the scheming people, and made friends with people who are here to enjoy the sights. My dad called my friends oily sticks, people that have been around. Doesn't that make him a big oily stick as well?

No comments: